carsales Approved badges help buyers to narrow down their search and identify vehicles that have been independently inspected and received a high star rating during the inspection. Here are some frequently asked questions about carsales Approved:
What is carsales Approved?
carsales Approved is powered by RedBook Inspect; it involves independent, unbiased inspections of your vehicles and leverages the strong carsales brand to help build trust with consumers. We have seen from research that prospective buyers are willing to pay up to a 2.5% price premium if the vehicle has a carsales certification program associated with it*. Each carsales Approved vehicle receives a detailed 120 point inspection report delivered in a digitally optimised format to elevate the quality of your leads and listings.
*Nature research, June 2020.
What are the benefits?
- carsales Approved digital badge displayed on listing
- Exclusive carsales Approved report uploaded to listing
- Physical carsales Approved sticker placed on stock after the inspection
- Our experience with RBI inspected vehicles suggests:
- Average reduction in 'time to sell' across all vehicle classifications by up to 38%*
- More interstate/distance enquiries proving the trust customers have in our inspections
- Negotiation tool for dealers who are trading in vehicles
- On average up to 226% more views on RBI inspected inventory compared to non-inspected inventory*
- Average increase on delisted price of 0.8% on RBI inspected passenger vehicles.*
* Disclaimer based on current RBI certified offering: carsales.com.au data (published and subsequently delisted listings between 1 January 2020 and 30 December 2020). Equivalent non-RBI inspected vehicles were matched for odometer readings within 10%, the same RedBook code and build year within one year. Time to sell statistics were calculated by comparing vehicles that had been inspected by RBI at the time of listing against equivalent non-RBI inspected vehicles. Data does not take into account any ancillary advertising products applied to listings. Prior performance may not be indicative of future performance.
How does it work?
- Dealership signs up for RBI subscription - view instructions here on how to sign up, view here to see more information about what an RBI subscription involves.
- RBI inspector visits the dealership and completes the inspection
- The vehicle meets the carsales Approved criteria during inspection
- Vehicle receives ‘Carsales Approved’ sticker on vehicle
Vehicle also receives a ‘Carsales Approved’ badge on listing and Approved report.
What are the carsales Approved criteria?
In order for a vehicle to be classified as Carsales Approved it must:
- Receive an inspection star rating or 4, 4.5 or 5/5
- Travelled less than 160,000km
- Less than 10 years old
Please note, RBI inspections are not available in Tasmania or Northern Territory.
What happens if my stock doesn't meet the criteria?
Vehicles that do not meet the criteria receive an ‘Independently inspected’ by RedBook Inspect badge on the carsales listing and details page.
What is a RedBook Inspect dealer subscription?
RedBook Inspect (RBI) is Australia's leading independent provider of vehicle inspection services. RBI provides inspections for both dealers and consumers Australia-wide.
RBI’s dealer subscription involves regular visits from a qualified inspector to inspect your stock. RBI then provide a detailed 120 point inspection report for your vehicles which can be published to your carsales listings.
How does a RedBook Inspect dealer subscription work?
If you subscribe to RedBook Inspect’s dealer subscription program, RBI sends out their state manager to conduct an on-site inspection. This allows the state manager to check over the dealership layout and ensure RBI’s inspection visits do not cause any interruptions to your business.
Once RBI has the layout, RBI sets out a specific day to visit based on the frequency you choose to sign on for. You are charged solely on a day rate, so if RBI are able to inspect more than the allotted 15 cars per day/7-8 per half-day, your ROI increases significantly.**
For each inspection, you will receive a detailed 120+ point report for you to advertise. If the vehicle does not achieve 4/5 stars or higher it will not be automatically published. These reported can be published online, although they will appear as inspected not carsales Approved.
How do I sign up?
To sign up for an RBI subscription, go onto your AutoGate account and click the "other apps" tab, and then click on RedBook Inspect.
Finally, click on "manage/purchase" to follow through to the purchase screen.
*Terms & Conditions apply. Refer to the RBI Subscription Agreement for further information.
**Calculated using an indicative inspection price of $70 and vehicle cost of $30k. Vehicle sale prices depend on a wide range of factors and RedBook Inspect Pty Ltd does not make any representations or warranties about the sale price to be achieved for any given vehicle.